Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Drive Away! Drive Away!

As long as I can follow my somewhat frequent road trip urges, nobody has to get hurt. =)

I haven't planned an escape for awhile now. Last time I can remember leaving town was when we went to New York and D.C. the first week in May. Oh, I am such a liar. I was in a wedding in July, but that was only three hours away and it wasn't like a vacation, so I don't think it counts. However, I did also spend four days in Montana the first week in August, my bad. =)
So anyway, I am getting that itch again. Hadn't really thought about it until I realised that I might actually get my car back from the mechanic sometime in the fairly near future..
I have some friends in the Seattle area that I keep telling I will visit, but still haven't gotten around to it. I think they bought their house at least two years ago, and I still haven't been up to see it. I love the area, and winter will soon be upon us, so I might as well go before the passes get too frightening. If we get anything like in Colorado, then I guess I should have gone last week!!
There is just no telling with the weather these days. You can't count on it, and who knows what crazy thing might happen anywhere.

Other than my wanderlust, not a lot to say tonight. I haven't really written much lately, which is a little weird for me. Just busy I guess. Starting school and all that. usually I can spend hours in front of the computer, but now it's books an movies, so, oh well! usually I am a news junky too, but not lately. I need a break. I was watching way too much there for awhile...and it just drives you crazy when there's not a lot you can do to help anyone. Send money, yeah, but most of us wish we could do more. I *did* even try to volunteer with the Red Cross and the Salvation Army, but I guess they didn't need anymore volunteers at the moment. That's okay. Not like I really have the money to send myself to New Orleans anyway, let alone Pakistan.
It's alright though. There is a time for all things, and tragedy isn't limited to the people of the Gulf Coast. No use asking for trouble. Often enough it finds us on its own.

Maybe that came out wrong?
I don't know. I have a lot of compassion for the people suffering, and I just know that we could easily be them. Maybe next time we will be. So, why worry about not being able to go help. Who knows, maybe God needs me right here.

1 comment:

Joe said...

So...you going to start Wheel of Time blogging soon?