Monday, January 15, 2007

Babies

First of all, for anyone reading this that does not know. I am an Aunt this week. Okay, yes, its' true that I have been an Aunt before...I have a nephew who is six. Even so, this is my first niece, and every baby is a blessing.
I can't say that there are not circumstances surrounding the baby and it's caretaking that I am not worried and upset about, but right now let's just look at the miracle that she is, and be glad at least, for that. Her name is Hailey Anne and she was born on Friday. 5lbs, 10 ounces. Very adorable.

I also found out today that one of my dearest most wonderfulest (yes, I know that's not a word) friends, is having TWINS!! It is soooo exciting!!!! They just had the ultra sound this morning.
Many people close to me have twins. It's like....I spread it around or something. haha. My cousin Sarah has twins. My very close friends James and Lisa have twins. My good friend Angela has twins, and now Karla is having twins. It's a bit uncanny to be honest...it really really is.

I am 30 and single, so there is no fear of me having my own twins any time soon!! haha. Plus, after everyone else has all the twins, I will most likely not. :p
I have been so excited after talking to Karla today, and seeing the ultrasound pictures...I was calling and emailing everyone who might not have gotten her initial email.
Now I am feeling kind of tired, and other things are creeping into my mind.

For example, how I am worried about my little sister, and nobody seems to care what's going on with her, since it is overshadowed by babies, and the trouble my brother gets into. I am far away, and I don't know what to do, or what I can do.
It's been a great last couple of days, and now these things are creeping up on me, and I just feel like weeping.
*sigh*
I think I need to go have a nap now. Sometimes that helps me be calm when I start getting overwhelmed.

I am going to start doing this when I post;
*currently reading: A Knight of the Word/Terry Brooks

1 comment:

Joe said...

How are you liking the Word / Void books by Brooks? That's volume 2 you're on, I believe.