Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Looking For A Miracle...

It's snowing a lot outside. There have been like two hundred accidents in Spokane tonight, which makes me crazy. I mean, there are a lot of people who just slid off the road, and I do feel bad for people that have been in accidents. But there are also a whole bunch of morons on the road who think it is perfectly normal to do 50mph in a blizzard. These days it just makes me crazy to drive in this area. Are people this lame everywhere? Everyone is in such a friggin' hurry to get everywhere. They never think about the potential consequences. Grr. Sorry to sound so people bashey, but it makes me mad. All the innocent people on the road, and some idiot in a spazz to get somewhere messes it up. The snow doesn't scare me, it's the other people on the road. Most people are fine, but you never know when you might run into the few maniacs.
*sigh*

It's just a depressing night all around. I got off the phone with a good friend a little while ago, and things are not looking good for precious little Abby. Tonight the Doctors were basically telling her parents to brace for the worst. They think there is no blood flow going to the brain. I am far more familiar with brain swelling issues and things like that than I would like to be, since it is ultimately what killed my sister. The Doctors are saying there really isn't much more they can do. Tomorrow is pretty much make it or break it day. We are really looking for a miracle here. I know that God can do one. He still does them all the time. Way crazier ones than this. There was a Venezuelan lady on my DTS who contracted some horrible virus and got really really sick. The doctor basically told her husband that she was dead, her body was even cold. She said she saw this light and Jesus spoke to her, and her husband was holding her hand, crying, when he felt her hand start to warm up, he could feel the blood rushing through. She got totally healed. They both wept when they told the story, and that isn't the only one like that that I have heard. So you see, I know it can happen. The problem is...will it? who knows why God does what he does. If he wants little Abby, then he will take her, and we won't know the rhyme or reason. We'll just have to believe that there is one.

It's funny. You always think it won't happen to you, or to anyone you know and love. My church family is pretty close so...it really affects everyone. The thing is, you'd think that once it does happen to you, that it won't be so hard to believe it can anymore. Totally not so. I have put it aside. This is so near to home, and just as unbelievable as my sisters accident.

I can't think about it without nearly bursting into tears. I wish I knew this family better. I've always meant to go up to their house to visit and I never have, and I just feel terrible. My heart is just so with them right now.
That's about all I can say about this right now. I need to get some rest.

2 comments:

Joe said...

That is very sad...

Especially since you've told me that things didn't get better.

Amanda said...

yeah, they pulled the respirator on Friday. memorial was yesterday. Heart wrenching.