Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Nasty sickness.

It doesn't feel like so many days since I last posted, but then again, I guess I've lost a few with this flu or whatever that I have been having. At least it has mellowed down to snifflies, and most of my voice has come back. I will still be happy tomorrow when I finally have a day off and I can go to bed really early. =) Lovely sleep. Last night I actually slept through the night, which was a nice change from waking up not being able to breathe!!
Speaking of yucky sicknesses, these folks from my church have a little girl who's about six. She had the flu or something, but she started getting really bad on Sunday so they took her to the hospital. Now they found out that she has bacterial meningitis. She still isn't responding to the medicine and last night she coded and they had to restart her heart beat. It is so terrible. She is the most precious little girl, and I can't believe it.

I was planning on writing a lot more right now, but I just realised that I need to get ready for work if I want to get out of here on time.

edit: I never actually heard for sure whether Abby had bacterial meningitis after it was first reported to me. All I know is that she had encephalitis, and that the swelling in her brain wasn't allowing blood flow. Ultimately it was just a very wicked virus that swept through too fast, and did not respond to treatment.

No comments: