Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Blog Interviewy Madness

Lara participated in a blog interview...apparently it is going around from one blogger to another, and I am more than happy to participate, especially since I admire the interviewer. I agreed to let her ask me five questions.
**Once upon a time I remembered how to do cool things like link people in the actual body of my blog, but I grew lazy for awhile and stopped caring, and now I really forget. haha. But hey, Lara's blog is handily linked on the side, and if you go there, you can read tons of Lara-ey goodness.**

1. Why did you start blogging?
And the answer is....I'm nooot exactly sure. ha! I have been an avid journaler, letter writer, writing junkie since high school. I have multitudes of hand written journals, but over the years they have evolved into something best described as prayer diaries. They contain not only my prayers, but random, lame, running commentary to the high and mighty. A few years ago at the behest of Joe(see also bloggy linking goodness on my sidebar), and Steffi, who I knew from a message board, I started up with diary-x, and was there part of a nice little community for a few years, and when that began to taper down, I followed Joe again into the world of BLOG. I guess I just have to write random personal information or I will go insane. It oozes out uncontrollable.
(**side note: I am horrible about backing up my online 'journals' and therefore lost four years worth of writing when diary-x crashed. I am still crying.**

2. What was your best birthday ever?
I thought long and hard about this. It's tough, because I had some fabulous overnighters as a teenager. I have also had some great times as an adult. I am probably even forgetting some, but hmm.. I have decided that I am going to have to go with my 25th birthday. It was somewhat low key. The family I lived with at the time had a barbecue for me, and several close friends and family members were there...a hard group to get together for some reason. It was a rough year, as this was five months after we lost my sister, which maybe made it more awesome to have those dear folks all in one place. Chill, casual goodness.

3. If you died today, what would you most wish you had done before dying?
If I were going home to meet Jesus, a lot of things that are now quite important suddenly wouldn't be. The first thing that came into my mind still sticks. It isn't something I would 'do' per se, but rather something I would witness. If I knew I were going to die, the one thing at the forefront of my thoughts, that I would pray like crazy to see before I went, would be to see my friend Jason get saved, and, well, come into an awesome relationship with God, and be relatively happy. Genuinely.
I am sure there are other things I would want to see and do, but that is the big one that sticks out right now. It might sound lame to some of you, but it is very NOT lame to me.

4. Do you hate anyone now living? If so, what makes you hate that person?
Honestly, no. I have a hard time envisioning myself ever hating anyone. Hate is a very strong word. People irritate me all the time, make me mad, make me want to take their cell phone and smash it into a thousand tiny pieces in the drive-thru, for all to see (yes, that's for you today's drive-thru, ignorey, please-get-my-order-right-even-though-I-can't-be-bothered-to-listen-to-you-read-it-back, lady!)
No, seriously though, people can be awful, but I am not them, and I feel like I have at least a small amount of grace and mercy for everyone. I hope I never lose that. There are people I am still working out forgiving for different things, and I don't particulary want to talk to some of them, but that is not the same as Hate. I try to never be unkind, even if I have my own issues.

5. What would be the greatest gift someone could give you?
*sigh*
I really want to say unconditional love. Totally unconditional love, can you imagine it? Frankly, I cannot, but then, I think there are a lot of people who love me more than I can recognize already, so unfortunately I am going to have to go with the shallow answer and say; Lots and lots of money. :p
Okay, actually it doesn't have to exactly be money. Provision/Stability is what I am going for. I have too many emotional issues that are just compounded by stressing over the rent or whatever else. I wish that I could be able to do everything so awesomely, but unfortunately I suck, and someone who could make me feel....essentially I guess "taken care of" would do more than they could know.
Of course, I would feel guilty accepting any kind of charity, so this would pretty much have to be a spouse. lol.
Oh my gosh, how pathetic does that answer make me?!?! I know, I know, I am trapped somewhere back in time...but there it is. I suck at being alone.

The End.

So there you have it, my interview by Lara. If anyone else out there has not participated in the great bloggy interview goodness, and is feeling so inclined, give me a holler and I will be more than happy to write my five questions for you.
=)

1 comment:

Lara said...

yay! you win the prize for posting your answers first. :)

and #3? i don't think it's lame at all. makes perfect sense to me.

great answers. :)