Saturday, March 24, 2007

Soundtrack of My Life...

Yes Lara, I am posting this just for you. By the way, I can't believe you have all those songs I love in your collection...especially the Bette Midler one. Oh, I love it!
Okay, so some of these are lame, but here you go.
You know the drill...plug in your ipod, mp3 player or whatever and hit shuffle....no cheating. Whatever song comes up first is #1 and so on and so forth.

Soundtrack of my life....

1. Opening Credits:
'It Takes A Little Time'- Amy Grant
(Hmm...off to an interesting start)

2. Waking Up:
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer[theme]' - Nerf Herder
(This made me laugh out loud...can't you just imagine your radio alarm going off with that song playing?! hahaha)

3. First Day of School:
'There's No Other Way' - Blur
"You're taking the fun out of everything, making me run when I don't want to think"
(Seems like it could be appropriate)

4. Falling in Love:
'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'....
(Uhh.....err.....)

5. Fight Song:
'Breakaway' - Kelly Clarkson
(Sure, ok.)

6.Breaking Up:
'Speechless' - Steven Curtis Chapman
"I am speechless, I'm astonished and amazed..."
(If we stick with just those lyrics we are good, lol, or else, this one makes no sense....unless breaking up is some kind of divine and wonderful experience for me. lol!)

7. Prom:
'Ballad for Dead Friends' - Dashboard Prophets
"I really wish I could have saved you, but then who would have saved me from myself?"
(Ahhh....teen angst at its finest!)

8. Life:
'She Will Be Loved' - Maroon 5
"look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay awhile..."
(Yeah. Enough said I think)

9. Making Babies:
'Playing With Fire' - Emery
"Why should I take all the blame for my mistakes?"
(Aww! sad! lol! Nooooo!)

10. Mental Breakdown:
'Going Through the Motions' - Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Once More With Feeling
"Every single night the same arrangment, I go out and fight the fight.. still I always feel this same estrangement, nothing here is real, nothing here is right..."
(hehehehehehe)

11. Driving:
'Dixie Chicken' - Garth Brooks
(Sure, why not.)

12. Flashback:
'The Woman In Me' - Shania Twain
(Believe it or not, it is a flashback song in real life. heh. A friend made me listen to this cd in the car once, over and over. It always reminds me of them.)

13. Getting Back Together:
'What I Really Want to Say' - Steven Curtis Chapman
"What I really want to say; is what the sun would say to the sky, for giving it a place to come alive...."
(Seriously, I did not plan this on purpose. In fact, I think it should be against the rules to use the same artist twice in one silly soundtrack of one's life.)

14. Wedding:
'Brave' - Nichole Nordemon
(Should I be worried here? I need to be brave to marry whoever I am marrying? That doesn't worry me. No, not at all.)

15. Birth of a Child:
'Something's Broken' - Tim McGraw
(You know, that's really not even amusing)

16. Final Battle:
'Reunion' - The Indigo Girls
"I have no need for anger with intimate strangers and, I've got nothing to hide.."
(Soo...if this is a battle, shouldn't I be angry or something? hmm.)

17. Death Scene:
'If I Stand' - Rich Mullins
"if I stand let me stand on the promise, that You will pull me through...and if I can let me fall on the grace, that first brought me to You..."
(I love this song. I guess if I am dead there is no standing...but it is still an okay death scene song for me. Nice way to go out. :p)

18. Funeral Song:
'Bullet The Blue Sky' - U2
"In the howling wind, comes a stinging rain.. see it driving nails into souls on the tree of pain"
(Depressing...and somehow strangely appropriate...not only because it's depressing, but because, after all, it is U2, my favorite band in the whole wide world.)

19. End Credits:
'Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again' - Phantom of the Opera/Movie Soundtrack
(Again, I swear I didn't do it on purpose...but does a nice musical number like this really fit in with the rest of my soundtrack? lol. I don't really think so, but anyway, there you go.)

So there is it, the very silly soundtrack of my life. Not nearly as amusing as I thought it would be.
And now, rather than write more, I must take me sleepy self to bed. I haven't been feeling all that stellar the last couple of days. The muscle relaxers are apparently starting to disagree with my stomache or something.
God bless you one and all.
Goodnight.

1 comment:

Lara said...

yay for playing! you have so many songs i love, too! i think "brave" is actually a really good choice for a wedding song - "so long status quo, i think i just let go, you make me want to be brave." and "what i really want to say" is a great getting back together song, too.

the whole meme is a bit silly, but overall, you had some pretty good ones. :)