Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Learning to Blog

Well, since I just posted a comment on someone else's blog, I guess that I should at least make an effort to use my own. I heard that this was easy, and maybe it is, but I am confused and trying to figure it out on my own! =P I need to ask Joe to give me some pointers or something. I'm still using my online journal occassionally at diary-x, but it was time to try something new and so here I am.
Since I am at work and don't have a lot of time before I need to go back to focusing on worky types of things, I am going to forgo deep thought and post one of those lists that everyone is passing about. Might as well get it over with ya know?

50 Things About Me...
1.) I love Maple trees. There is something so glorious about Maple trees, and I love where I live and the streets that are lined with them.
2.) I love U2. Although Bono and I don't always share the same views on Politics, his band still rocks, their music is fab, and it just makes me feel inspired. =)
3.) Tea is the most wonderful drink on earth. If it's hot I prefer it black, if it's iced I prefer it sweet. =)
4.) Contrary to what my mother might think, I do NOT love talking on the phone all day. In fact, I am sick of talking so much at all!
5.) Everyone should have a claw foot bathtub...or another big kind with jets. =)
6.) Swimming is good. Yay for swimming. =)
7.) I love Montana. Maybe I should rephrase that. I love the West side of Montana. I've never been past Billings. However, if you have never been to the Flathead Valley, it is time to take a vacation. There is nothing like taking a quiet walk in the mornings, seeing the mist rising off the lake that is ringed by the most majestic mountains. Unbelievable.
8.) I want to write a book.
9.) I want to go back to Amsterdam and drink cider.
10.) Way too many of my close friends are having twins, so it's a good thing I'm single.
11.) I love talking to people online, but I am very guarded sharing my online journals with most of the people I know in person. Does that say something about the people I know? =(
12.) I wish it was Saturday, raining, and I could drink tea and read a good book right now. =)
13.) I am taking a photography class this summer! Fun!
14.) Being single has it's benefits.
15.) This is the 21st Century. There is no such thing as an old maid.
16.) Go Brett Favre!!!! Woo Hoo!
17.) I have seen Anne of Green Gables about five million times. Even more than Dirty Dancing, and the Sound of Music, and that's a feat, let me tell ya.
18.) French Fries. Yum.
19.) When I went to Washington, D.C. my favorite thing was the Iwo Jima Memorial. (but it was all cool)
20.) I can always think of 50 things to write when I am not writing.
21.) There's just something about the smell of a new book. Ahhh. =)
22.) I love the smell of pine trees. Good thing I live in the "Evergreen" state. =P
23.) I have an uncanny knack for running into blogs of other christians.
24.) I like to go for walks in the park...and lots of other places. =)
25.) I have a 16 year old sister who loves frogs.
26.) I've been listening to the latest Kelly Clarkson cd for like a week now. I ought go back to Shane & Shane.
27.) I wonder if anyone else loves Shane & Shane as much as I do?
28.) former YWAMer
29.) I wish I could sing like Amy Lee.
30.) I wish I could have my English degree by osmosis.
31.) One of my favorite things to do is to drive to Mnt Spokane, past all the wheat fields, preferrably around dusk, just because I feel like it. Maybe listening to a little Tim McGraw?!
32.) I hate forwards. If you want to email me, just do it for God's sake. A few people can be counted on to only send the rare, and genuinely hilarious forward, but usually they are a sever waste of time. No, I will not sign your petition, or pass this on to five of my friends before my dog dies, or my car breaks down.
33.) I am halfway through a Tale of Two Cities, and the Two Towers. A Tale of Two Cities was much more interesting before I started to reread Tolkien. hehe.
34.) I suck at my job. =(
35.) I dream of having a job I don't suck at, that I like. =)
36.) Is it time to go home yet?
37.) I like reading other people's lists. Like the ones everyone sends you through email.
38.) Anyone else like to play in the rain?
39.) Last weekend I bought a book on Constitutional Law. Ahh time for learning.
40.) I want a puppy, but it is totally impractical in my life right now.
41.) If I could I would buy a house and get some equity for crying out loud.
42.) The other day I read this article about John Ryhs-Davies and I thought "Wow, this guy rocks."
43.) My back currently hurts very badly.
44.) Still not time to go home.
45.) time for me to go pick up a bridesmaid dress that I am horribly afraid is not going to fit me now. Grrr. Time for crash dieting.
46.) It's nice to be able to sit on the porch on summer evenings.
47.) I'd like to have a nice home where I could have a lot of barbecues and do a lot of entertaining.
48.) Sometimes it blows my mind how much other people love being "business people."
49.) I need a change of scenery once in awhile. I get bored. Viggo Mortensen says there is no excuse for getting bored. Maybe I need to have more creativity like he does and I wouldn't be bored either. =)
50.) I have successfully completed my second blog post. Cheer for me.
12.)

1 comment:

Paula T said...

you posted on my blog, so I'm returning the favour. If your 50 things are true, then we could be really good friends! I too love tea, anne of green gables (my daughters middle name is ANNE with an E) and we just got a dog - a retired racing greyhound. Nice to meet you!