Friday, June 24, 2005

Scientology...and stuff

I don't get it. I mean, I don't get what all the fuss is about. Not that I agree with scientology or anything, but I'm not altogether sure that Tom Cruise should be burned at the stake. In any case, if we were into that again, he would definitely not be my first choice. In fact, he wouldn't even show up on my radar. And as for Katie Holmes...she's a big girl. I am all about people not getting mislead, but I doubt that most of these people who are all about "protecting" her, gave a rat's ass about her until she took up with Tom.
Now, if it was your friend, or your sister, or your neighbor who was getting caught up in something that you didn't believe in, by all means, speak up. I doubt the screaming voices of countless strangers, however, are having any major sway on Katie, who is currently living in the "love bubble."
What a crazy world we live in.
On a side note; I *am* going to look into scientology a little more, just so that I can know exactly what's wrong with it from a biblical standpoint.

In other non-important news...
I need a new plant. In fact, I am going to buy one of those more hearty ivy's, so that it can grow like a mad thing and take over my apartment. Easy to take care of. The only plants I have at the moment, are an Aralia (sp?), and a mutant Aloe Vera plant, that has launched at least ten other mini-mutants, and is currently hatching an escape plan. I don't know where it thinks it's going to crawl off to, but there are definitely a few pot scalers working on their get away.
Also, I got a second job. I just figured that a little more cash on the side would be a nice thing. I'd like to finish getting out of debt, go back to school, and buy a house in the next couple of years. So, ya know, resources always a bonus. =)
I really want to buy a bed. You know, a big, nice, cushy, four poster bed all for my very own. Okay, I am torn on the four posters, but you know what I am saying. A nice frame, and some fabulous expensive mattress, comforter, pillow shams......hehe. =)
I have made myself this promise, however, that I can't buy the bed until I am out of debt. *sigh* Grrr. Otherwise I will go and blow 2500$ on a bed, when that would have taken a nice chunk out of what I owe. (And by the way, that's not counting all the frilly bed things that go with it.) So...yeah. No bed for me!

No comments: