Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Glenn Quinn

So, I confess. I am a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. I never thought this would happen, but my little sister got me hooked. Now, I am not saying that I agree with everything in that show, and that there is nothing I find morally questionable. However, the truth of it is, Joss Whedon is a brilliant man. It's seriously a fabulous show.
So anyway, I didn't hop on the bandwagon until around season 4, and even then I missed some later episodes. So I ended up buying some of the dvd's. The problem is, I got done with them. And now what do I do? So, I decided that I would have to venture into the Angel series. I should have known I would like it, since, again, Joss is brilliant.
I started watching the show and I just fell in love with Glenn Quinn (Doyle). I am all about the Irishmen. Yay Irish! woo! So anyway, I watched the first season, and then one day I decided to look up Glenn Quinn online, to see if he had any movies out or anything. I discovered that he had passed away in 2002. Died of a drug overdose. That just broke my heart. What a sad freaking world we live in. I lost a sister a little over a year before Glenn died, and my heart just so went out to his family. To lose somebody in such a way....
I really don't know very much about Glenn Quinn. He just seemed to have this positive energy that shone through his work. It still hurts my heart when I see him in those episodes. God bless his family, and may he rest in peace.

No comments: