Friday, July 15, 2005

Life is a Highway.

What the heck happens to people? I mean...where do they go? I think I just happen to live in one of those kinds of cities where everyone leaves and then they don't come back. Okay, wait, they do sometimes come back when they have spouses and little ones, and think this is a nice place to raise the fam. Single people my age are a little harder to come by. hehe. After 22, there is like this 10 year age gap of the missing.
People just seem to fall off the face of the earth. Not that I haven't wandered abroad and all, but now I am here and....where the heck is everyone else?

Anyway. My friends here are all; a) married (with children); b) getting married; c) under the age of 24. Not that any of these things are bad...but surely they are other single people over the age of 24 wandering around out there, who don't have to go home and put the kids to bed, who want to hang out. =) I am all about the friends. Not that I have anything against getting married. I mean, by all means, I am game! There just seems to be this one tiiiinnyy little problem. That's right, no groom. And, while I would like to run into him eventually, I would rather not be out there with my bincochulars looking for what eligible bachelor I can knock over the head and drag home. If it happens, it does. If not, there is more to life.

Speaking of more to life, I am saving my money to take another trip overseas. It's been too long really. One of my best friends lives in London, and I miss her. I'd like to go hang out with her awhile, and spend a week or so in Ireland and Scotland as well. I'll also probably fly to Amsterdam for a weekend at least. I think I still know a couple of people around there. It would be nice to see that city again.
I am taking a trip down memory lane inside my head right now. Every once in awhile I will still wake up from a dream that I am in Amsterdam. Usually it is so real, that I wake up going "No! I don't want to leave!" Of course, in my dreams the people I loved in A'dam are still there with me, so.... such is life.

I am ready to play the "Where are they now?" game.

No comments: