Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hello World!!

Yes, yes, I am back from my brief excursion. My vacation was wonderful...good company being the highlight, with an exceptional bottle of wine thrown in here and there...fabulous food, and my pint of cider at the Irish pub. hehe.
Asheville was nice, we had dinner with another friend of mine who lives there, and toured the Builtmore House....oldest privately owned home estate in the country (right Jill?!). It was fabulous.

So, now I am home, and tired. My flight got in around 9:30 on Monday, then began the waiting at baggage claim, and after everything I finally got home around 11:00p.m. I had to wake up at 3:30 am to go to work. Joy. My body was already screaming; "It's two in the morning!" when I went to sleep, since it has been enjoying east coast time for a week, and the whole day was so long I was just exhausted. So then Tuesday, after a really long Monday and four hours of sleep, I was a delirious idiot, who luckily got to go home early and nap. =)
After said nap, I began packing. Since I still have a lot of things at my mom's house in Spokane, there isn't too much luckily. Last night I slept for about six hours, and this morning I had to open again, so it has been a really long day. Raelynn and I hauled a bunch of stuff over to my new apartment, I signed the lease and whatnot, and then we went shopping for a few last minute items.
It is 8:15 and I am completely exhausted.
I feel like an old woman. :p

My apartment is great though. Plenty of space for little ole me. It's so weird to go there and think..."I have this place all to myself!" :p
I am not sleeping there tonight, and tomorrow is still up in the air, but I am getting things organized and will be settled soon I hope.
My friends have been so helpful, and generous...I don't know what I would do without them. Raelynn is like Mighty Mouse, or the Energizor Bunny! She ran up and down the stairs today with boxes, thank God, because I hadn't lifted much when my back began to give me a seriously hard time. Grrrr!!!! I wish for a happily straight spine.

I am going to seriously have to go to bed soon. Since American Idol (rawr!) has messed up my regularly scheduled programming, I thought I would watch a movie, but to be honest, I am not sure that I could keep my eyes open!!!!
I thought I would write more than this, but frankly, ya'll are lucky to get anything with my current brain dead state of being.

Hope everyone out there is doing well!!!



Currently reading; The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse/David Johnson & Jeff VanVonderen

2 comments:

Lara said...

welcome home! sorry to hear you've been so exhausted - i can definitely commiserate. i'm so tired all the time. :-P good luck with the apartment!

Big Sis said...

Oh, good! I tried to comment days ago and the dumb word verifier wouldn't give me any letters to verify (and my random guessing didn't work out - drat!).
So, the Biltmore IS great, and I hope you got to enjoy their chocolate b/c a friend of mine (former roommate) is now a pastry chef (or is she a Chocolatier?) in their Chocolatiere (I stink at trying to spell or pronounce that - we'll just call it "the place where they make their fancy chocolate). And I hope you got to see more of Asheville than the Biltmore. it is SO much more than lavish spending of money. I mean, you can spend exorbitant amounts of your own downtown - great food, great clothes, great art, great entertainment. Ahhh. Asheville. Maybe I can get away this weekend...