Sunday, February 04, 2007

Survey Says...

Jill, who's blog I read off and on, posted this, and I decided that I would repost it here. Fair is fair, after all. I have only done this once here on my blog I think, back when I first started it, although I am addicted to these stupid things on myspace. Ugh.
So here you go....

Getting to Know Me:

1.)What color are your kitchen plates?
Black. Just plain old black. Although, I am about to buy some crazy, festive, yellow dishes...to spice things up a bit.

2.) What book are you reading now?
I am still reading 'His Majesty's Dragon' by Naomi Novik. To be honest, I have been busy and distracted, and it's just been one of those weeks where I don't feel like reading that much.

3.)What is on your mouse pad?
I don't have one

4.)Favorite board game?
I don't know if it is "technically" a board game, but along the same vein....Apples to Apples (currently anyway).

5.)Least favorite smells?
Some flowery perfumes really make me nauseous. Otherwise, Jill mentioned vomit, and I don't think much can beat that....although there were some very odd smells in India at times...

6.)What is the first thing you think of in the morning?
Oh Holy Lord!! I am so freaking tired right now...I can't do it...I can't do it!

7.)Favorite Color?
Crimson...the color of dark Poinsettia leaves at Christmastime. Blood red.

8.)Least favorite color?
Pink. pleh!

9.)How many rings until you answer the phone?
It depends on who it says is calling, and whether or not I am debating even answering. Usually about two though, unless I am trying to find my phone.

10.)Future child's name?
I don't know if I can really answer that, since obviously I will have a husband who probably also has an opinion, but for a boy, James is at the top of my list, and for a girl, Ruth Louise...my favorite Aunt's name is Ruth, and it is also the middle name of a dear friend and someone I look up to tremendously. Louise I just have always loved, and I love the nickname Lou.

11.)Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate

12.)Do you like to drive fast?
Yes, unless it's like...dark and rainy.

13.)Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
Nope

14.)Do you like thunderstorms?
Very much...unless they knock the power out for four days when it is 30 degrees, and lower outside!

15.)What color are your eyes?
Hazel...in fact, two of my siblings are hazel eyed too, but one's are more brown, where mine are more green.

16.)Sign?
Gemini

17.)Do you eat the stems of broccoli?
Why is this question on every survey? It is lame..hehe. Usually, I eat the stems of broccoli, yes.

18.)If you could have any job, what would it be?
To be honest, I am not sure. As long as it allowed me to write and travel though, it would be good. Writing for tv would be fun...I don't know if I have the talent though...but then, this is a hypothetical question right? Assuming I was good enough to do whatever I wanted as well? Then heck, I would be Pink...or Amy Lee. haha

19.)If you could have any color hair, what would it be?
Mine is fine actually, maybe a little more red. I am starting to grey though. My hair is so thick that it is not super noticeable at the moment, but there is A LOT of grey in there already, it's just spread throughout really well. In the next five years, it will be a lot more obviously salt and peppery. My mom is 50 and has been grey for a long time. I might have ten years left, so I am trying to enjoy the hair color God gave me while I can. haha. Besides, I earned these grey hairs damnit!!!

20.)Is the glass half full or half empty?
It totally depends on my mood that day, or whether I am trying to reassure myself...or someone else. lol. More faith for other people!

21.)What is your favorite movie?
This week? I hate this question. There are way too many, and I can never even remember the best ones when I am asked. I love dramas, and particularly movies that make you think. 'Mr. Smith Goes to Washington' is a fave. I have a lot. I love movies.

22.)Do you type with your fingers on the right keys?
Mostly, yes.

23.)What's under your bed?
Currently, only shoes and slippers

24.)What is your favorite number?
Don't have one.

25.)Favorite sports to watch?
There is a sport besides football???!

26.)Your single biggest intense pain?
When my sister died...and I don't mean just emotionally. Her accident was on a Friday and she passed away on Sunday. It was three days of this up and down, not eating, not sleeping, hoping and then despairing, having your heart ripped out and bleeding all over the place. I felt it in every bone of my body.

27.)Person most likely to respond?
If I sent this, maybe Nicki. She's a good sport. =)

28.)Person least likely " "?
Not sure....Joe!

29.)Ketchup or Mustard?
Mustard...dijon perferrably.

30.)Hamburgers or hotdog?
Depends. If I am camping...hotdogs. I make then nice and black. If I am in California...burgers from In and Out Burger, and in Texas, Whataburger. Both fabulous.

31.)What is your favorite season?
Football. hehe. (Fall)

32.)The best place you have ever been?
Amsterdam...something about that place just seeped inside of me...and no, I don't mean the marijuana smoke, lol! In fact, I was just reading a travel article about it, and my heart physically ached to return. Hopefully someday soon.

33.)Favorite fast food?
Aside from the aforementioned burger joints, located only hundreds of miles away from me? Probably...Taco Bell.

34.)What kind of car do you drive?
A Plymouth Neon...but I really really want a red Jeep Wrangler. hehe.

35.)Married or Single?
So very single.

So there you have it. Another silly survey. Feel free to post your own if you feel so inclined. =)




5 comments:

Joe said...

You're right. I probably wouldn't respond.

Joe said...

hee hee.

Lara said...

wow, we have a lot in common:

football = awesome!
hazel eyes!
driving a neon!
in n' out burgers!
gemini! gemini!
apples to apples!

oh, and so, SO very single. ;)

Unknown said...

You know what, just because you said I would, I WILL!! And even on my blogspot address! *can I just mention that I HATE that they made me change my sign-in & password??? I can't remember it!*
-Nickie

Big Sis said...

Yeah, Amanda, for joining the ranks!!

It's good to know you a little better. :)