Monday, September 29, 2008

It's just another rainy night without you

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

I felt like adding that little quote today, because, well, it amuses me.
Also, it is not raining. Queensryche popped into my head just as I sat down to type. So there you go, random title.

Let's see...what is on Amanda's brain today? Oh! I know. Integrity.
Some people have integrity. Other people seem not to.
This is an issue I have been dealing with at work lately. Okay, not only lately, but it is driving more crazy right now than at other times. Not very long ago I was in a friend's office and she had a magnet on her filing cabinet that said: "If I take care of my character, my reputation will take care of itself." I love that.
Basically, I work my ass off at work, whether anyone else is watching or not. Of course, you hope working hard pays off, but I want to feel like I am doing the best I can reguardless of what other people choose to do. It irritates me to see people being taken advantage of, however, by those who really don't give a tiny mice's hiney (Amanda's own term. Yes, I know "mice's" is not correct use of the English language), about their job. What is it with these people?!?! They just get away with everything!!!!! They wrap other people around their deceitful little finger!! Grrr. Rawr. I don't like to see the awesome people I work with get caught in the middle either. I hate to see the rockstars having to pick up the slack for others who make just as much as they do. I realize that this is corporate America, but I don't have to like it!!! IT MAKES ME MAD!!! DO YOU HEAR THAT PERSON AT WORK WHO I CAN'T NAME?!?!?! :p Of course, if I made it my sole objective to make that person's life a living nightmare, I would only be sinking to their level of treachery. *sigh*

All I can say is, you better not try to throw my friends under the bus little missy. Oh, no no.

I really need to work on my attitude, since my frustration has been known to get the better of me. I do the best job I can at work, and that is above reproach, but nevertheless.. In the end, it will be her actions that cause her demise and not mine. I need to remind myself of that.
I need to stop. I am annoyed and it can just balloon out of proportion. All I want to say is; Do the right thing manager, do the right thing. Don't be sucked in by that false;"I am a holy and respectable church going single mom" bit. Don't be fooled!

I wish I had something better to talk about, but a coworker called me a little while ago regaurding a situation that happened at work over the weekend. So now it is on my mind. I am going to read or watch tv to distract myself from it. It is LAME! It would be easy for me to name names, whether they will read this or not, and bash on the offenders until they know the rough side of my tongue (or typing fingers!), but instead I will leave their identities at work and offer them at least a modicum of the decency they should learn to share with others. Hmph.

P.S. I CAN'T STAND CHRISTIANS WHO LIVE INSIDE THEIR LITTLE BUBBLE, INSIDE THEIR LITTLE FAKE FACADE, PRETENDING TO EVERYONE HOW PRETTY THEY THINK THEY ARE OR SHOULD BE, WHILE INSIDE THEY ARE JUST A NASTY CANKER!!! They are giving us all a bad name. Phoo!


Currently Listening to: Emery, The Question

Currently Reading: The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan

No comments: