Monday, January 02, 2006

Pot O' Gold

Among other Christmas presents, I got about three old Jimmy Stewart movies, and a couple with Cary Grant and others. I love Jimmy Stewart. Love, love, love!!! Pot o gold was not my favorite of his movies, but I still liked it, though I confess I have a hard time disliking anything that he appears in. One of the movies, 'Rear Window,' I have seen, but mom knows I have been trying to collect all of the Jimmy Stewart movies I can get my hands on. I am also a Hayley Mills fan, so I am collecting those as well, and I have seen the Anne of Green Gables movies about a zillion times apiece. Does this make me seem old fashioned? lol.
Old movies are a passion which I cannot deny myself.

I am drawing towards the end of Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice.' It's nice to finally read the book, as I have seen three different versions of the movie. My friend Melanie loves Jane Austen, and has read all of her books, so she's trying to spread it around I guess. =P
I love the book, but there's nothing really new to say about it, since the movies cover almost everything I have read so far. I know some people find this stuff old and dry, but I confess that i think it wonderful.
I also loved Jan Eyre, and I thought that if one Bronte sister was good, the other couldn't be that bad, but then I couldn't get very far into Wuthering Heights at all. I am determined to try again someday. So we'll see what happens.

No comments: