Sunday, December 09, 2007

Ugh and even more Ugh.

It is so not fun when I really want to talk to someone, and they could genuinely care less about talking to me. I suppose they have much better things to do with their time!!
You know, I generally do not waste my time on these sorts of situations. I find things to distract myself until the desire goes away. Unfortunately, that is not really working out this time!! Phoo.

Soo....I dunno. I guess I am just going to have to deal with that feeling. Bleh.

In other news, I have a possible roommate situation with one of my old DTS friends. She is a really great person, but we are both pretty set in our ways and I do have my doubts. It's the best prospect I have however, and if it works out then that will be good.
I start the new job tomorrow so we will see how that goes.
I am not terribly excited about it, but I am prepared to sink my teeth in and do the best job I can. It is a means to an end.
I was looking into some community college classes, but the tuition here for non-residents is out of control. So, for now I am going to focus on other things, and hope to save some money for whatever is ahead. Including my trip to Europe with Becky in the fall! Woo! Still crossing my fingers that is all going to work out ok.

So, things are not looking good with the writer's strike. I was hoping, probably somewhat naively, that the AMPTP would actually negotiate a good contract, rather than trying to screw the writers. Good Lord, it's NOT like those CEO's are not making plenty of money to spread the wealth around. Half of the good tv is now on reruns and the rest is about to follow in the next couple of weeks.
With no end in sight, there is not a lot of hope for the spring.
It's okay for me. I will miss Bones, but I will also have plenty to keep me entertained in the coming months.
Unfortunately, people are so hooked on their tv's these days, they will probably just go out and buy a lot of shows on dvd to last through the strike. Sad, and I hope it doesn't happen, but possibly the case. I wish we could all rally for the writers...just on general principle. Workers deserve to be fairly compensated, but instead many workers just get buy, while CEO's of large corporations get richer and richer all the time.

Fortunately, my mother does not read this blog. If she did, she would tell me that it is all George Bush's fault, that he is the antichrist and is destroying America. I really hate talking politics with my mom. Regardless of my feelings on Bush, I generally just feel a stubborn desire to argue with her. No matter what the topic.
My mom is, however, a member of a union and I am pretty sure that she would stand with the writers on this. I guess that means we agree on something. I still don't want to talk about it. :p

Things are pretty well here in Texas. I have my good days and my bad days as we all do. There isn't really a lot else to say on the matter right now. I still have no idea what I am doing here, but I am just going with it. I am looking at it as an opportunity for growth. =)

1 comment:

Big Sis said...

So, we'd love a post about the new job... (although we love hearing an update however it comes).