Friday, December 26, 2008

Holiday Revelry

I have this Faith Hill song stuck in my head, it's called; "Stealing Kisses." I really love that song. It's kind of sad...I like to think of it as tragically beautiful, and those are my favorite kind. It is really uncanny how many of my blog titles come from song lyrics. Stealing Kisses just wasn't gonna work out for me tonight. Still, there it is. At least my song of the moment is included.

So last night was the fabulous Leach family christmas shindig, which I enjoyed far more than should be legally possible. I think there was a moment there when I was pretty close to "perfectly happy." I'm a simple girl, what can I say? I don't think there is any such thing as sustained perfect happiness, so you have to grasp the feeling when you can! =)

After the Leach family fun I journeyed through the snow storm to my Mother's house. It was late, I'm not gonna lie. My brother lives there with his daughter, Hailey, who is two (well, two in January). So, apparently sometime during the night, before bed, my brother's...friend? gf? I have no idea? ..put some lotion on Hailey, which she was really sensitive to. It made her skin burn. Of course, she couldn't tell us what was wrong, she just screamed bloody murder. She wasn't really scratching or anything at first, and my mom and I could not figure out what was going on. We tried everything we could think of to make her feel better. When we would try to talk to her she would just scream louder. I mean, it was bad. I was starting to pray desperate prayers of; "help! my niece is posessed!" My brother had already gone to bed when this started, apparently. Mom and I were up almost all night with Hailey. She would start to doze off and then wake up crying. Even though it must have been hurting her all along, it didn't show up on her skin right away. Eventually her face started to get blotchy and she was scratching her forehead though, and my mom went and put her in the bath. Phew! Everything was great after that, except for the fact that none of us had gotten any sleep.
We were surprisingly upbeat today, considering. Of course, I did have four cups of coffee that didn't even take the edge off.
I played trivial pursuit with my sister, her fiance, and our cousin. I was nearly falling asleep at the table.
I am SO glad to be home. Of course, when I got here I had to straighten up because I don't want to wake up to a messy house. It is reasonably tidy at the moment, and that's pretty much all I've got in me. I am going to confess that there are a couple of boxes of things I hid from myself in the sun room, because I am too exhausted to organize anything and I don't want to sort through them. On top of that, there are all the things I brought home, which I have not yet put away. They are in a neat little area, but still...

I can't even think about doing it tonight though. I am hoping to have enough energy just to go to work tomorrow! It is past time for sleeping. Reading is totally out of the question.

The wall is looming. I am about to smack into it.

No comments: