Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'd like some chestnuts, and an open fire please. Thank You.

I would like to write about something, anything, that has nothing whatesoever to do with me or any of my close circle of friends. That means, nothing about the weather. Nothing about jobs or family. Nothing about the things that are gnawing away at my brain, making me crazy. Nothing, even, about the holidays.
Of course, as I say that, every candle in my house is lit, and the oven is on (I'm *thinking* about baking), just to raise the temperature in my apartment a couple more degrees (curse you, drafty old buildings). Everything I write today comes out in a messy jumble of words that makes me want to rip out my hair, undoubtedly not helped by the fact that there are icicles forming in my brain.
Take me someplace sunny, someplace warm.

Despite the fact that my brain refuses to cooperate with me, and I am frustrated, and there is too much on my mind, and I have serious doubts about my character today, I still need to write SOMETHING so that my head does not explode.

It is 6 o'clock in the evening and I can literally FEEL the temperature dropping outside...and when did I become such a big whiner about the weather anyway? Still, DAMN its cold!

No comments: