Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Federal Way

Well, at last, here I am.
I've only really been here for a couple of days, but it feels like longer. Strange.
I'm starting work tomorrow, which is nice. Not having things to do is not really good for me. I did bring a trove of old Bible study stuff, which I have not spent a great deal of time on yet, so there is something...
I haven't been online at all in two days...which isn't long, but feels like it. Probably not a good sign. lol!! Actually, if I had been busier I wouldn't have noticed quite as much.

So...my friends are awesome and it's very nice to see them. I am sleeping in the cushiest bed of my life, which makes me wonder how I am ever going to transition into getting up at 3:30 in the morning again! Also, there are so many pillows on the bed that I don't know what to do with myself. This luxury is wasted on me; a terrible bed maker. In the mornings I am trying my hardest to make it all lovely again. hehe.
Tonight Jeni had to run out to Orting to sign some paperwork stuff for the old house. Apparently when she comes back we are going to have drinks and veg in front of the tv, which sounds like a plan to me. My brain thinks too much, and right now I just need for it to be quiet and let me have some peace. It's just one of those days.

I LOVE the weather. It's not cold, but it certainly isn't hot. When I got up this morning it was all gray. It got a bit sunny later, but still pretty cloudy, and I love that I can sleep under a comfy blanket. It hasn't really rained, which I said I wanted..but I am just fine with this. Not complaining at all!
It was 95 on Monday when I left Spokane, and I just wanted to cry. I cannot tolerate heat the same way I used to be able to. I get fairly irritable. It ended up being okay, although it did seem like a really long drive for once.
I was thinking on my way over that its been awhile since I drove up to the Flathead Lake area. Now its much further to do so, and I don't know when its going to happen, but I dearly love that drive from Spokane to Kalispell. One of these days...

Today I have been thinking about issues that I don't really want to admit too, but suffice it to say that there are areas in my life aggravating me at the moment. It's been a good few months and I have felt fairly content for the most part, but today I am feeling frustrated. As most people, I am sure, I want to have control over my feelings and emotions at all times, but that doesn't always happen and it makes me mad!!!! =P Grrr! I get mad at myself for letting my guard down, and reaping the consequences of being too sensitive. It's a balancing act for me!!! *sigh*
Anyway, things are pretty good in general. I can't really complain too loudly. God is good, and still looking out for me.

And now, I am hungry and must make dinner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really didn't know you meant you were leaving "tomorrow!" If you liked yesterday's weather, you'll like it here. A lot of grey moderation. Just relax it take it one step at a time. You just did something really big. Chill.