Tuesday, August 01, 2006

One Body, Many Parts

I feel like such a crazed person lately. It's been a very strange couple of weeks. The heat didn't really help either. Sometimes I just feel....fuzzy. Like, everything is not as clear as I wish it was. I have so much to do with moving and finding a new job, and I have been working on that, but I just have this weird feeling at times, like everything is stacked against me leaving here. The black pit trying to pull me back in.
There is a small temptation to leave Spokane even before I said I would. Mostly because I am starting to go a little insane. I wish I could say that I was always calm and collected, and that I would act out my plans precisely when I said I would, but honestly, that usually doesn't happen.
Currently I am trying to distract myself from feeling the way I feel. Yesterday I spent a bunch of time with my friend Jan. We went out to lunch, and then we went out to the Elk and drank hard cider on tap in the evening. Yuuuum! I didn't even know you could get the stuff around here, that was the first I had had since Amsterdam. I've also probably been harassing Ryan at work even more than usual.

I'm feeling a little unlike myself this week. I want to just be super motivated and on top of things, and get it all together.
The closer it gets to September, the more I know I need to get out of here. I'm still a little apprehensive about the move, but not because I feel in any way like it's the wrong decision. I'm just not as good at taking care of myself as I wish I was, and as I want everyone to think I am. hehe. There is always that slight possibility I will suck at everything and end up sleeping in my car. =P haha!
Actually, I doubt my friends would let that happen, but you know what I am saying.

So, blog title, reference to this past Sunday's sermon from Mars Hill. It was great. I am actually, surprisingly, really looking forward to getting involved with church again. It's been a good year without, but I am just not as good of a person on my own. Sad, but true. Tonight when I was listening to Mark Driscoll talk I was thinking how nice it was just sitting in church the week before. Oh, and how comforting it is to belong to a group of believers, and not to have to work so hard to spend time with some of them.

I am determined to do some packing tonight...
I have to figure out what is staying here for sure, and what is going to Federal Way since I am not moving everything yet. So...off I go to become caffeinated and get to work.

No comments: